Background and Qualifications
Hello and welcome! I'm Shanty, owner, therapist, and wellness educator. With about 15 years of experience and having helped thousands of clients improve their lives, I am here to help you in reclaiming yours.
While in grad school in the metro Portland, Oregon area, I interned as a domestic violence and crisis counselor and did a lot of work with anxiety, grief/loss, trauma, and PTSD issues.
Back in Michigan, I spent most of my time since 2010 working in substance use and mental health in both residential and outpatient programs, and was even a clinical supervisor for 5 years. As a supervisor, I trained other clinicians and oversaw their clinical work.
In 2022, I made the decision to start a private practice and am enjoying the freedom to see clients on my terms, outside of agency work. It is the most rewarding experience I have had and I look forward to working with you in creating a life you are excited about.
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Michigan certified as a/an:
- Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC)
- Addictions Certification Supervisor (CCS)
- Michigan LPC - Licensing Supervisor
With specialty training in:
- Grief and loss
- Domestic violence
- Military Personnel and Veterans
And I hold the following degrees:
- MA in Counseling Psychology, Pacific University ('09)
- BA in Psychology, Aquinas College ('07)
- AA in Criminal Justice, Lansing Community College ('06)
- AA in Psychology, Lansing Community College ('04)